Wednesday, May 16, 2007

KINGDOM COME by Mark Waid & Alex Ross


I finished reading KINGDOM COME, a comic book by DC, about the catastrophic battle between all superheroes of the DC world (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Original Red Tornado, Lady Marvel, King Marvel, Aleea Strange, Midnight, The Whiz, Captain Comet, Bullet Man II, Brainiac's Daughter, Bullet Girl II, Power Woman, Aqua Man, The Flash, etc...). It's the greatest Super Hero Epic of tomorrow! As such, it is set in the future, when Superman is around 50 yrs old or so, having retired from his superhero duties due to him losing his faith in humanity. After he caught the Joker, the Joker who was killed by Magog, a younger more extreme metahuman. Superman couldn't accept the fact that since then, people chose Magog over him, the man who can kill over the man who can't. Magog was considered to be the man of tomorrow and not him. And this was where the plot evolved. 


Superman needs to overcome his pride and guilt in order to help save the human and superhuman race from extinction.  The whole story, I found exciting, palpitating, scary and ruthless. I'm not a DC fan per se but I caught myself captivated by its plot and superb action sequence. Man! I wouldn't mind watching this in a real live action flick! Anyway, this is not a review, but rather, just a reaction post to the comic book story. All I can say is, I can't wait to see how Clark & Diana's kid will turn out to be, given that Bruce will be the baby's godfather. Oh yeah, Superman tied the knot with Wonder Woman and he and Batman are still the best of friends. Like any fairy tale, it ended happily. Read it!

Speaking of Superheroes, I took this online test to see which superhero I am in terms of my strengths, weaknesses  and other attributes. I wanted to be a Super Girl coz I could relate to her a lot. As it turned out, I AM  HER! Hehehe!

Your results:You are Supergirl
Supergirl
100%
Wonder Woman
95%
Green Lantern
85%
Superman
80%
Spider-Man
70%
The Flash
70%
Hulk
70%
Robin
65%
Batman
60%
Iron Man
50%
Catwoman
15%
Lean, muscular and feminine.
Honest and a defender of the innocent.
Click here to take the Superhero Personality Quiz
  

No comments:

Post a Comment