Thursday, December 3, 2009

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella




OMG! This book is ultra fantastic! I mean, I know Sophie Kinsella writes well and most (if not all) of her books are bestsellers! But this one has got to be the most fun and most exciting of all! I bought this book several months ago but it was only last long weekend that I got the chance to read it from start to finish. Every chance I got, I was reading Twenties Girl. From the airport, to the bus, to the boat, while sunbathing by the beach, while enjoying the breeze of a starry, starry night... while I was having breakfast and dinner, while Peter was watching Glee in our hotel room... I was so into it! 



Twenties Girl is about Lara Lington, a twenty-something girl who has a very overactive imagination.  More so, when her dead 105 year old great aunt, Sadie Lancaster, started visiting her and began taking hold of her life.  It was a disaster of course but slowly, things have been unfolding in a way that I did not expect. It's just filled with one exciting storyline after another! Seriously, where does Sophie Kinsella get all her ideas?! Makes me wanna write a fantastic novel too. But how and where do I start? Anyway, I digress...

You might say that Lara Lington has the quirks of a typical chic lit character --- fun, paranoid, obsessive, passionate, independent, etc. But she's more than that. In a way, I related to her especially with her being apathetic about her family and her family's history. I mean seriously, who likes attending funerals?! When my fave granny died last year, I did not even go. But in the end, Lara  was able to conquer it all with flying colors! How I wish I could turn back time. I should've gone to my granny's funeral after all.

Anyway, this book has all the elements you will ever need in a chic lit --- love, frustration, challenges, surprises... I thought the list would go endless. For a 435 page book, it was pretty endless, but in a good, "Oh no I'm almost done" kind of way once you're reaching the end.

Do read it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment