Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Complete Guide to Surfing


I just finished reading THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SURFING by Peter Dixon  only after a few days. That's quite fast considering that this book is like the encyclopedia of the surfing world! I guess, I really am THAT interested in this sport. I learned that surfing is not just about having fun at catching waves, but it's also about learning to watch the nature of the water and my fellow surfers as well  so I could enhance my knowledge of the ocean and the sport.

I have to be respectful of the lineup and very good at swimming with strong physical and emotional health before I can master or even just enjoy surfing.  Once I'm confident of my capabilities (meaning, ready to be wiped out on so many occasions) then I am ready to learn various 
moves and tricks. I'll definitely be stoked! Well, I already am!  


Reading about these things including  its history, the evolution of surfboards and their accessories, as well as similar sports like (boogie) body boarding and body surfing made me all the more excited to get better at surfing! I can't wait! :-) Unfortunately, due to our other scheduled trips and activities (Tagaytay this coming weekend, Boracay on Dec.1-4, wakeboarding at Batangas on Dec.9-10, and GSIS Family Day on Dec.16), we might be able to come back to La Union no sooner than January. Well, at least our surfboard will be ready by then. Yipee! Unles we go there this coming Christmas break (Dec, 23-26). Hmmm... that's a tempting thought... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment