Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happiness Now by Andrew Matthews


I've come to know Andrew Matthews when I first read BEING HAPPY back in college, one of his most famous books. I have all three by the way including HAPPINESS IN HARD TIMES, FOLLOW YOUR HEART and MAKING FRIENDS. This particular one, HAPPINESS NOW, is like a summary of all those three. All the principles I learned about living a healthy, happy, prosperous life, achieving the career of your dreams, obtaining peace of mind, etc. --- all these things are put into several cohesive and creative nutshells for better and simpler understanding. 

Basically, it taught me  three things: 


  1. to live in the NOW by appreciating the things and blessings I have at the present moment and letting go of my fears and anxiety about the future and regrets of the past; 
  2. to think and believe in good things about myself and my life because I attract what I think; 
  3. to ask and work for what I want because life rewards efforts and not excuses. This book is an easy read. You can choose to finish it all in one sitting which would probably just take you 30 minutes (give or take) or take it one chapter or one page at a time until all its lessons become second nature to you. 


Happiness Now is a helpful and insightful book. For those who need a little push towards happiness, be sure to include this in your most frequent reading list.                               

No comments:

Post a Comment