Thursday, March 19, 2009

Remember Me? By Sophie Kinsella


It only took me less than a day to finish reading Sophie Kinsella's newest novel, "Remember Me?". From the moment I picked it up, I couldn't stop reading Lexie Smart's adventures. How did she lose 3 years worth of memories? One day she's this ugly, sad, chubby & unlucky 25 year old woman, with little money to spare, a pathetic cheating boyfriend, dead end job, a dad who just died, with only her three bestfriends to help keep her sane with their regular friday night outs. 

The next day, she's turned into this 28 year old sexy, non-carb eating, notorious bitch boss from hell with a handsome multimillionaire for a husband, a huge marital loft, designer clothes and accessories, her own personal shopper and assistant and no friends except for a socialite she hasn't even met yet as her bestfriend! She can't even remember attending her dad's funeral where all that mattered as regards her transformation stemmed from.


 
As I read the story page after page, clue after clue, it's as if I was there with Lexie guiding her, encouraging her. There was indeed more to this blazing transformation of her personality than meets the eye. Again, Sophie Kinsella never fails to amaze me with her interesting plots, twists and emotional pull. It's as if I was experiencing everything as Lexie myself and I couldn't wait to find out what really happened!


Remember Me is an excellent summer read. Just be sure you have another book at hand coz you will surely finish this one ahead of time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment