Thursday, February 4, 2010

Reader's Digest, Archie Comics, Tarot Books, Etc.


I am such a bookworm! Did you know that when I was a kid even until college, I like hanging out at the library coz: One... I just love the smell of books (both old and new). Two... I love looking at vivid pictures... from astronomy, to geography, to architecture, to food and people, etc.! And three... I just love to learn new things. I actually prefer the company of books than people. Go figure! No wonder I married Peter coz he's like a walking encyclopedia. Teehee.


Anyway, I literally jumped for joy when the books I ordered from Reader's Digest last month finally arrived! Weeee! To think that I still have a ton of books here at home I haven't even opened yet. Well, that will change this year. By hook or by crook, I will read most if not all of my books this year. Anyway, here they are after I opened the packages:


After I smelled each of them, I browsed at the pages while feeling so happy that this is another great purchase  for me. Everything only cost me Php3,770. I think there's still one more that they forgot to send me coz from what I remember, it's supposed to cost me Php5,000. Oh well! Weeee!!!!!
EARTH, THEN AND NOW is a collection of 250 stunning images showing locations around the world as they were and as they are now, with captions explaining the often breathtaking changes that have occurred in just a short amount of time. This book is a thought-provoking reminder of the devastating impact that humankind can have on the environment, with evidence of issues such as global warming and climate change presented in the most graphic way possible.
Gaston Leroux's THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, Bram Stoker's DRACULA, Mary Shelley's FRANKENSTEIN. I never really got to read these masterpieces when I was a child and I believe it's not yet too late for me to enter the mysterious  and uncanny worlds of these classics.
   
GLOBAL SAFARI is a book that will take you on a dramatic journey around fifty of the world's most astonishing wildlife sights, brought to life with some of the most vivid and moving photography ever taken. James Perry provides detailed profiles of the key species that exist in each of the featured locations, and discusses the issues involved in the long-term protection of these areas of natural wonder and the eco-systems they support.

OMG! I'm so giddy I can't wait to read them all!!! And since we're on this topic of books I want to read, I am aiming to finish not just these new arrivals but the ones below as well. I've already started with the following and I also hope to finish them all this month:

My Reader's Digest Subscriptions (From Oct. 2009 to Feb. 2010 editions)
  

 Archie Comics!!! I've been a fan since high school!
 

 My Tarot Books! I think I will keep on reading these until forever... See my Wiccan Blog for more info.

 Oprah's LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE, Jack Canfield's SUCCESS PRINCIPLES (which I discuss in my self-help blog), DON"T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF IN LOVE, My DRUMS BOOK and my PARA-GRAMS. Whew! Go go go Jen! I can do it!
 
 
Happy reading to me! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment