Thursday, April 8, 2010

Amazing Tales From Times Gone By


It's been a while since I posted something here. With the many books I got, plus the work load I've been having, it's no wonder that I sometimes have to beg the universe for some time off just so I can update my blogs. Just ask my personal project blog. It knows everything. Teehee.
 
Anyhoo, I just want to share my latest buy from Reader's Digest --- AMAZING TALES from Times Gone By. This book is filled with strange but true extraordinary stories from 5000 years of human history. It includes incredible stories of love, intrigue, ambition, tragedy and even muder. For instance, "Why was Russian tsar Ivan known as 'the terrible'? Did Herod really order the murder of all Bethlehem's children? Who was the woman so hideous that she inspired the term 'ugly old bag', and what happened to Pu Yi, the last Chinese emperor?" In this informative, entertaining volume, you can read more than 75 stories of strange events, fascinating people, the twists of fate and how historical truth was rewritten or hidden.


I'm excited!!! I actually placed all my books from Reader's Digest at our lanai so I won't forget to read a chapter or two whenever I have the time. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment