Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last Night at Chateau Marmont, Dead and Loving It, One Fifth Avenue


I'm almost halfway through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows now and like I always say, I still got tons of books lined up on my bookshelf, waiting to be read. But because National Bookstore is on sale until the end of the month, I couldn't help but purchase a couple more books. Three to be exact. It would have been more had I memorized all the Mary Janice Davidson vampire books I already have. I didn't want to make a double purchase so I bought the one which I was sure I still don't have --- Dead and Loving It.

 

Then I saw a new book from Candace Bushnell, One Fifth Avenue. I hope it has a different story line than Trading Up and Lipstick Jungle. I do wonder though what is this obessession of hers about New York City? Well, okay, I won't blame her. Most people I know living in New York do say that it's the best city in the world. I do hope to go there one day donning my Carrie Bradshaw outfits. LOL. 

 

Finally, I saw that Lauren Weisberger has a new book too --- Last Night at Chateau Marmont. Even if the only book of hers that I truly loved was The Devil Wears Prada... okay, Everyone Worth Knowing was a good read too, the last one though, Chasing Harry Winston sucked a bit, I am giving her another chance with this new book. 

 

With these books around, expect me to spend less time online and more time under the covers or on the hammock reading these imaginative creations. Who knows, when I get to finish everything, I might just be inspired to write my own novel too. Here's to dreaming. Hehehe. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment