Monday, August 2, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Eat Pray Love, and Archie Comics



This blog is becoming a photo blog of my recent book buys. LOL! I'm not even done yet with Carrie Diaries but I really do hope to read all my new books before this year ends. It's one of those things I promised myself on my Wanderlust Blog even if I can't count the number of unread books I have anymore. I am staying positive!  How I wish I can just bum for a month, stay at a beach and read books all day. What a wonderful wishful thinking. I can dream, can't I?


Anyway, watching the new Harry Potter movie trailer for Deathly Hallows  always gives me the kind of goosebumps that feels like it's Halloween. And you know how Halloween makes me so happy... happier than Christmas even. So I told myself, even if I might not be able to immediately read it, I might as well   buy the book now. Just its presence on my bookshelf might entice me to sacrifice some of my time to sit down and go read it. Hmmm... Maybe, I can sacrifice one whole Saturday to just read it. Wouldn't that be divine? I hope my husband won't mind  if Iock myself up in our study so I can peacefully be transported to the land of magic. ^_^


I have also been touched by the movie trailer of Julia Robert's  upcoming movie Eat, Pray, Love. It never fails to make me cry! To think it's just a movie trailer. A huge part of my soul can relate to the plot of the movie. Didn't I give up a high paying job to go travel and follow my heart?  Didn't I quit taking all those diet pills so I can enjoy whatever what I want to eat (check out my Italian food binging when I tasted all the scrumptious dishes of Focaccia)? Didn't I get married to a guy who is the exact opposite of what my parents want for me? I do hope the book  will not disappoint me. But then again, it was made into a movie so the story must be really good.  I really can't wait to read it! But my O.C. (obssessive compulsive) tendencies want me to finish the other books I have already started reading. Again, can I have one Saturday off from my busy schedule  so I can enjoy this book in peace? ^_^


And since I was already at National Bookstore that time I was shopping for books, I also got four new Double Digest Archie Comics. I never get tired of reading those. Looking at the covers and smelling the pages always transports me back in time... back to the happy days of my early teen years.  ^_^

So ciao for now! Hopefully, when I blog again here, I would have some good reviews and thoughts to tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment